Last Updated on August 29, 2022 by Erik Sullivan
There’s nothing like a good old fashioned family meal around the dinner table. But if your tablecloth is wrinkled, it can ruin the whole experience. Overtime, it can become an eyesore of you and your family members.
In this post, we’ll walk you through a few simple but highly effective hacks and methods that can help you to get wrinkles out of flannel backed vinyl tablecloth.
- How to Get Wrinkles Out of Flannel Backed Vinyl Tablecloth?
- Hanging the vinyl tablecloth in direct sunlight: (The Easiest method to get wrinkles out of a large tablecloth)
- How to get wrinkles out of tablecloth without ironing (Hot Towel Method):
- Using dryer to remove stubborn wrinkles from vinyl tablecloth:
- Remove wrinkles form tablecloth with a flat iron
- Using a garment steamer:
- Frequently Asked Questions:
How to Get Wrinkles Out of Flannel Backed Vinyl Tablecloth?
Vinyl tablecloths are made of synthetic fiber which is a kind of plastic. They’re often backed by polyester fabric which is one of the most sensitive fabric in the world. However, they’re highly durable and stain-resistant.
But, they get creases and folds during transport, and heavy uses. To get those creases and wrinkles out of your vinyl tablecloth, you need to be very careful. Because, both vinyl and polyester are very sensitive, you can easily damage the tablecloth if you apply any wrong technique to remove wrinkles.
The following methods are battle tested and 100% safe for your flannel backed vinyl tabletop. Let’s begin with the easiest method:
Hanging the vinyl tablecloth in direct sunlight: (The Easiest method to get wrinkles out of a large tablecloth)
This is the easiest and most effective method to remove wrinkles from an extra-large vinyl tablecloth. Simply hang the tablecloth in direct sunlight for a few hours. The sun will provide enough heat that penetrates the tablecloth fibers to loosen and cause the wrinkles to eventually disappear. The gravity also play a vital role in this process by straightening them out.
How to get wrinkles out of tablecloth without ironing (Hot Towel Method):
This method is also quite effective in removing wrinkles from your vinyl tablecloth. Simply wet a microfiber towel with hot water in a small container. Next, remove the towel from the container and squeeze out the extra water from it. Too much water can damage the fabric.
Now, lay the damp towel over the wrinkled area of the tablecloth. Leave it for a few minutes then remove the towel. You should see the wrinkles start to disappear. Be cautious when pulling out the towel from hot water.
Using dryer to remove stubborn wrinkles from vinyl tablecloth:
If you have a dryer, you can use it to remove wrinkles from your vinyl tablecloth. However, before putting it into a dryer, make sure that it’s free of any kind of greasy spots.
First, set the dryer on the permanent press setting (recommended for synthetic fabrics) and then, put the tablecloth into it. Add a few clean towels along with the tablecloth to help speed up the process.
Let it run for 4-5 minutes. And Remove the tablecloth from the dryer and place it in the table before getting cool.
Remove wrinkles form tablecloth with a flat iron
Vinyl tablecloths are sensitive to high heat, but still you can use a steam iron to remove wrinkles from it. Follow these steps to get the job done quickly and efficiently:
- Before you using iron on your vinyl tablecloth make sure it’s clean and free of dust.
- Set your iron to the right setting that is safe for the vinyl tablecloth. In most cases, synthetic settings will work just fine for most types of delicate fabrics. If there’s no specific setting available in your iron, you can select the lowest heat setting.
- Place the tablecloth on an ironing board; flip the flannel side up. If you don’t have an ironing board, you can also lay the tablecloth out on a clean, flat surface like a countertop or a table.
- Place a damp towel over the wrinkles. The steam from the towel will help to loosen the fabric and make it easier to iron out the wrinkles.
- Begin ironing at the center of the tablecloth and work your way outwards. Make sure to move the iron fast to avoid damaging the fabric.
- Once you’ve removed all the wrinkles, hang the tablecloth up to dry. Do not fold it until it is completely dry to avoid creating new wrinkles.
Using a garment steamer:
Many people often asked a question – Can you use a steamer on plastic or vinyl tablecloth? Yes! You can use a clothes steamer on your vinyl tablecloth to remove wrinkles and fold lines. Here’s the details process:
Step 1: Hang your tablecloth on a clothesline or over a shower curtain. If you don’t have either of these things, you can lay the tablecloth out on a flat surface.
Step 2: Fill your steamer with water and turn it on.
Step 3: Use minimum heat setting of your handheld steamer. Make sure the steam nozzle is not too close to the tablecloth.
Step 4: Apply steam by moving it back and forth.
Step 5: Once you’re finished steaming, allow the tablecloth to air dry before using it on the table for your next event.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can you iron a flannel backed tablecloth?
Yes, You can iron a flannel backed tablecloth. Just make sure to set the lowest setting and iron the soft side (flip side) of the tablecloth to avoid any damage.
Can you put a flannel backed vinyl tablecloth in the dryer?
Yes, you can put a flannel-backed vinyl tablecloth in the dryer to remove wrinkles. However, you should use the lowest heat setting possible to avoid damage to the fabric. Additionally, it’s a good idea to place a towel or other similar item in the dryer with the tablecloth to help protect it from high temperatures.
Can you wash flannel backed vinyl tablecloths?
Yes, you can wash flannel backed vinyl tablecloths. However, you should avoid using harsh detergents or bleach, as this could damage the vinyl and cause it to warp or peel. Instead, opt for a mild detergent or soap and lukewarm water. Be sure to rinse the tablecloth thoroughly before hanging it to dry.
Leave a Reply