Last Updated on November 12, 2022 by Erik Sullivan
Do your polyester curtains have wrinkles in them? Are you tired of looking at them every day? Well, don’t worry, because there are some quick hacks that can help you to remove those wrinkles successfully!
Luckily, you don’t need to use any iron to get the wrinkles out of the polyester curtains.
With just a few household items, you can have your curtains looking good as new in no time!
In this blog post, I will be teaching you how to get wrinkles out of polyester curtains. So sit back, relax, and read on.
- How to Get Wrinkles Out Of Polyester Curtains?
- Method 1: Blast Wrinkles With A Clothes Steamer/Steam cleaner
- Method 2: Release Wrinkles With a Steam Iron
- Method 3: Damping Fabric With Warm Water (For new curtains)
- Method 4: Using Hot Shower Steam
- Frequently Asked Questions:
How to Get Wrinkles Out Of Polyester Curtains?
Method 1: Blast Wrinkles With A Clothes Steamer/Steam cleaner
This is probably the best method that you can apply on your wrinkled polyester curtains. In fact, this is also the best way to deep clean your curtains at home. I highly recommend this process to remove wrinkles from velvet curtains.
On top of that, the process is very convenient because you don’t need to remove the curtains from the rod. Here’s the process:
- First of all make sure that, your curtain is free of any kind of stains or marks. Otherwise, you must pretreat the stains. Next, vacuum the curtains to remove surface debris.
- You can use a clothes steamer or a steam cleaner with upholstery attachment for the best result. Begin the process by pouring some water into the tank. Follow the care level for specific instructions.
- Turn on the steam cleaner and wait for it to get warmed up completely.
- Since you’re dealing with a delicate fabric, you must use a low temperature of steam in it to avoid any damage. Therefore, select the low steam setting.
- Hold the steamer head at least 6 inches away from the fabric and start steaming in up and down motion.
- Don’t rush. Take your time and keep moving the nozzle from one section to the next one to steam the whole polyester curtains. Be careful not to burn yourself with the heat.
Method 2: Release Wrinkles With a Steam Iron
You can use an iron with steam setting to zap wrinkles away from the polyester curtains. However, you should be very careful when applying this process. We suggest you read the label first.
Step 1: Make sure your iron plate is free from build ups.
Step 2: Set your iron to the appropriate heat setting for polyester fabric. Or use a low temperature setting.
Step 3: Place the curtain on an ironing board or any other flat surface.
Step 4: Cover the polyester curtain with a soft pressing cloth. This will prevent the fabric from the direct heat of the iron plate. (Note that, if your iron has steam setting then you can skip this step)
Step 5: Now you can start ironing the curtains with gentle touch.
Method 3: Damping Fabric With Warm Water (For new curtains)
When you buy polyester curtains they come with creases and folds because of the packaging process. This method works really well to get wrinkles out of your new polyester curtains.
It’s very simple but effective. The best thing is, you can apply this technique in your curtains after hanging them on the rod.
All you need to do is pour some warm water in a large spray bottle. Next, mist the curtains properly with warm water from the sprayer. Make sure to cover the entire curtains, especially the wrinkled areas.
The heat and water will penetrate the fibers to release each other so that the fabric can restore its original shape when it cools. You can do this process at night so that the curtains can dry overnight.
Method 4: Using Hot Shower Steam
-Hang your polyester curtains in the bathroom, as close to the shower as possible.
-Close the bathroom door to trap the steam inside.
-Take a hot shower, making sure to generate a lot of steam.
-Let the curtains hang inside the steamy bathroom for at least 15 minutes, or until you see the wrinkles start to disappear.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can 100% polyester curtains be ironed?
Yes, you can remove wrinkles and folds from 100% polyester curtains by ironing them. However, it’s important to use the correct procedure when ironing these curtains. Also, check the manufacturer recommendations before ironing polyester curtains.
Can I put polyester curtains in the dryer?
Yes, you can put polyester curtains in the dryer. But, you must select the low temperature setting to avoid shrinkage of the garment. Polyester can be tumble dried in cool setting which is safe for the fabric.
Will creases drop out of new curtains?
Many factors affect how quickly wrinkles drop out of new curtains and some of those include, the fabric type, how dense the fabric is woven, what kind of finish is on the fabric -like a stiffening treatment.
But, you can remove those creases by following the above methods, especially the “damping fabric with warm water method”.
How do you get wrinkles out of curtains while they are hanging?
You can effortlessly remove wrinkles from the curtains while they are hanging by using a clothes steamer (check the 1st method) or by spraying warm water method (Check the 3rd method).
Leave a Reply